the L word

me & nick on our honeymoon

love makes me happy.
everyone knows how to love, everyone loves, and everyone is loved.
love is indescribable, like the taste of salt.
we are because of love.
& we do everything for love.
today i spent some time with a young lady who is definitely in love.
on the way home i sat goo-goo eyed at my honey for quite a bit, and told him i loved him at least a dozen times.
love makes us love, don't you say?
let me tell you about my love.
his name is nick hammer, like the tool.
when he gets drinks for me, he puts a straw in with no ice.
he does the dishes because he knows how much i hate to.
he lets me sleep in.
when he does wake me up, he does so with little kisses & tells me how beautiful i am.
when i have nightmares, he cuddles up to me real tight.
he holds me when i cry & everything is magically okay.
he likes my photography.
he brushes his teeth with warm water, but turns it cold when i'm brushing alongside him.
when i don't feel well, he scratches my back & runs his fingers through my hair.
i always get foot rubs.
he gets me ice cream; when he does, it usually has chocolate and caramel on it.
we sing songs in the car together, make fun of commercials, & kindly comment on the wondrous driving of our fellow utahans.
he surprises me with treats when i can't take it any more.
he picks me up & drops me off at work every day (that's 2 hours a day spent in the car).
he is the sweetest, kindest, most kissable person i've ever met.
he doesn't even mind doing the laundry.
he'll run errands & do things that i don't want to, or am too scared to.
we have already picked out our children's names.
he punishes the dog when she's done something wrong when i don't have the heart to smack her little behind.
he does nothing with me.
we're taking an italian class together so we can live in italy someday.
he respects me, says please and thank you often, opens the door every time & puts up with my hormones during that one week of the month.
i enjoy his taste in oxford shirts, banana republic, frozen gummi bears, soccer, mountain dew baja blast + pepsi, & quilts.
we're goober schwartz together.
he is hands down the best thing that's ever happened to me, 
& i love him.

4 comments:

  1. thank you so much for your advice, steph. i adore you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so great.
    so, so great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just reading your bucket list and i can help you accomplish a couple of those....the go horseback riding in bryce canyon and go to a rodeo....i have connections for those kinds of things

    ReplyDelete