fall in our neighborhood
















our neighborhood is so gorgeous right now. it's like stepping into a stars-hollow-ish town where every house is adorable and all the tree-lined streets give it a romantic sort of feeling, crunchy leaves on every path, complete with old style churches and houses that i feel inclined to stroll past on our daily walks (ahem, that white house up there with the skeleton on the swing? it's perfect. literally perfect.)

I thought a lot about how this fall would be -- Nick's first semester in grad school. for a long time it was a "Pennsylvania fall" complete with the gorgeous colors that come with that area. last year amidst our decisions we thought we'd spend the fall in Brooklyn, taking in the sights at Central Park & trying really hard to keep warm while we explored the city, and spending Halloween in the boroughs.

In a way, it still sort of turned out how we imagined it would. We live in a beautiful house that's everything we need right now. My favorite part is the front porch, something I've only ever dreamed about! I'm so glad fall is still in full swing so I have a little more time to ooh and ahh at all my favorite parts of the season.

Like, I'm totally not that kind of person who listens to Christmas music or puts up any decorations or the tree as soon as Halloween is over. No no, I wait until after Thanksgiving. In my home growing up my mom always played Christmas music the morning of the first snowfall, but after that we had to wait until after Thanksgiving for any yule tide tunes. I abide by those rules to this day!

Classic traditions or nothing!

14 comments:

  1. your neighborhood looks like the perfect fall dream, especially that first home you shared with the skeleton in the yard! that house is a dream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! that house is my absolute favorite. I walk past it every freaking day. I hope the people who live there don't think I'm a creeper!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures Steph! You neighbourhood is so stinkin' cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tori! I'm trying to get back into "my style" of photography so I'm glad it doesn't look like poop haha

      Delete
  3. Your neighborhood is gorgeous and so are the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its beautiful! I think I'm moving now... :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What?? Such beauty. Aaaaah, take me to Stars Hollow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish stars hollow was real more than anything!

      Delete
  6. your neighborhood is perfect and cozy and totally dreamy. these pictures are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you so much! You should come visit!

      Delete
  7. Yay for Starshollow :) Gorgeous neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I think so too! All the leaves are gone now though :( that didn't take long haha

      Delete