How to Create Food Typography

For week 2 of the Flog challenge, I'm sharing my video on how to create food typography. My medium is licorice, but yours could be pineapples, doughnuts, sprinkles, peanut butter, honey, you get it.



It's not as intimidating at it seems. And obviously you should take a lot longer to sketch and create the work, not work haphazardly like I did for the video.

Some of my favorite designers who do food lettering/typography:

Marmalade Bleue (Danielle)
Becca Clason
Hello Tosha

You can check out my other food typography projects over on my website.

Isn't this stuff cool? I should probably definitely do some more (+ you should probably try it!) 

12 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! I didn't even know people did this cool kind of stuff. You are very talented, and I wish I could make letters look the way you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. also I just went onto your website and your work is incredible and so fun! I LOVE the pineapple one!!!

      Delete
    2. Thanks!! It takes some practice but you could totally do it!

      Delete
  2. Are you kidding me? You have so many talents! You're amazing, and I wish my handwriting was half as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! WOW! this is incredible! the video is so cute and well done, not to mention your incredible talent with hand lettering! holy smokes! I hope you keep making videos :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is awesome!! I love your hand lettering style and would love to be able to write something out so quickly & nicely like you do! So fun to make it out of food, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhh my goodness your handwriting is gorgeous. I'm inspired!! What kind of pen is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a few different pens, but the small one is a Faber Castell Pitt Artist Brush Pen, and the other is a Tombow ABT N15 pen. They're both super awesome, but the Faber Castell is my favorite!

      Delete
  6. i love this so much. and ditto ^^ what type of pen do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faber Castell PITT Artist Brush and a Tombow ABT N15!

      Delete