a farewell

(family photos by samantha kelly photography

going into the new year, I've decided to give this old blog the boot.

I never really cared about it all that much, except for the occasional showing off of my family and being snarky.

Even though the dream of being a big shot blogger has crossed my mind more times than I'd like to admit, it's just not for me. I don't care enough. I'm not the kind of person who does that, and that's okay! I always found myself consumed with thoughts of "should I blog this? This would be great to blog!" and I felt that it robbed me of my experiences. That's absolutely my fault, though. People can blog and not be consumed by that, and that's awesome! It's definitely a downer in my life, though, and again I'm sad to admit that because blogging can be such a great tool.

I'm so lucky to have met and got to know so many people through this site! I'm an introvert, and special relationships are what are important to me. Friendships forged here will literally never be forgotten.

However, I'm not sad to see it go. I have so many more things to pay attention to like my (hopefully) growing family, my business I'm starting, making more time for music, traveling, learning Italian, and so many more things I hope to accomplish.

Here's to building a life that feels good & not just looks good on a blog!

8 comments:

  1. i'll miss your thoughts + pretty pictures on here, but i love when people are real and they do whats best for them & their lives, regardless of what other people will see or think. blogging can be an easy world to get sucked in to. anyway, i guess my point is good for you + you'll be missed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will miss your blog posts! But happy that you've made a decision you feel is right. Good luck to you and your family. (I may check back in the future to see if you return to bloggy land). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely miss your style. Yours is one of the few blogs that felt true and personal. It was amazing getting to know you through your writing. I hope you find great happiness in your future! Thanks for sharing so much and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was the first blog I ever followed! I loved your blog and always felt like it was genuine. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i feel you on this. as i get older i realize how many things there are to do and see and accomplish, and yeah, sometimes i feel like being focused on blogging/social media can hold me back. i'll miss your posts though! keep posting on insta at least ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! I have the same thoughts. Way to be brave. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel all of these feeling so often. Your blog is one of the last I still read. I'll miss it dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll miss your blog! I'm glad that I met you through it! I understand though I've been in a similar place before. I've just let my blog be something I go to if I feel the need to write, and that's about it. I wish you all of the good things.

    ReplyDelete