DIY felt advent calendar

okay, so maybe the title of this post is misleading, but I made this whole thing by myself which is pretty awesome.

actually no, I had help from my mom, sister & nick, so not all by myself.

the pockets are 2"x2" and sewed on in 2" by the width (of the banner) strips of felt, on the bottom of the strips and between the dates.

The tree was cut, pinned, and sewed on using a machine.

I folded over the top until it made a loop, and sewed that. Then I put a dowel in it and some ribbon to tie it up. I think next year I'm going to get some red and white baker's twine instead of ribbon.

Each felt ornament was made by hand using tacky glue and hand-sewing. We used sequins, puffy paint glitter, pom poms, minky fabric, and good old ingenuity.

I'm usually pretty bad at crafting, but this turned out so good. I'm so excited to have this in my house for all my kids to use!

2 comments:

  1. OMG LOOK AT YOU. THIS IS SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute Steph!! I can't get over those felt ornaments. SO fun & creative!

    ReplyDelete